On December 12th 2012, Crossover 12 has been released.
This is the changelog:
- CrossOver Linux now installs a single desktop menu item
rather than a multitude of desktop menus. This approach works
better with desktop systems such as GNOME 3 and Unity, which
usually don't have a hierarchical desktop menu structure.
- CrossOver now has much better support for window transparency
(layered windows) when a compositing window manager is
available. (When the Mac Driver is complete, this feature will
be available on OS X as well). Many transparent windows will
now work that did not before. Improvements in this area
- Microsoft Office applications in the Office 2003 and Office 2007
suites will now behave properly when working with embedded
pictures or graphics. Previously, rotating or resizing embedded
graphics caused the screen to go temporarily black;
- Game launchers (such as that for Guild Wars 2, for example) which
use color-keying to create transparent window areas will display
properly rather than being drawn with black borders;
- ...and many more.
- We have resolved some issues which caused printers not to appear.
- CrossOver now supports World of Tanks.
- CrossOver now supports Quicken 2013.
- CrossOver now supports installation of .Net 4.0.
- CrossOver linux now supports Guild Wars 2. Guild Wars 2 will
run for many people on CrossOver Mac, but many users will
encounter persistent graphics problems. Previously, CodeWeavers
had released a specially-built version of CrossOver dedicated
to running Guild Wars 2. That is no longer necessary.
- Improvements to Microsoft Office:
- Fixed a crash displaying certain email messages in Outlook 2010.
- Outlook 2010 will now save passwords.
- Improved Gmail and other IMAP connections with Outlook 2007.
- Fixed auto-discovery during account configuration for
- PowerPoint 2010 now displays equations in slide shows.
- PowerPoint 2010 no longer displays blank slides.
- Fixed bugs in Word 2010 which caused the equation editor to
be missing structures and formulas.
- Fixed a bug in Word 2010 related to footnote style choices.
- Project 2007 and 2010 can now edit dates for recurring tasks.
- Fixed a crash in Project 2010 when filtering by resource name.
- Visio 2002 can now search for new shapes.
- Visio 2010 now displays properly when multiple shapes are open.
- Star Trek Online is now faster during game updates.
- Quicken 2009 no longer has garbled text on its buttons.
- An issue with installation of .Net 3.5 SP1 was resolved.
- World of Warcraft has had fixes related to patching and
CrossOver and Wine:
- CrossOver is now based on Wine 1.5.15.
- CrossOver's built-in web-browser will offer to download and
install ActiveX controls.
- CrossOver now comes bundled with the Wine-Mono package, an
alternative implementation of the .Net API.
- CrossOver now implements Raw Input, the set of APIs used for
mouse input by games like Guild Wars 2, World of Tanks, and others.
- Support for printing on a variety of paper sizes has been improved.
- DirectSound has a new resampler, for higher quality audio.
- CrossOver now has sub-pixel font anti-aliasing.
Download it from: